Our Massage Offerings
The most familiar type of massage therapy,Swedish massage utilizes long smoothing strokes, compression, and kneading to reduce stress, improve circulation, and relax the entire body.
An ancient technique that has found its place in the modern world of healing. Massage cupping is a modified version of the common practice of cupping therapy, used in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), and the results that this simple treatment produces are impressive. Through suction and negative pressure, massage cupping releases rigid soft tissue, drains excess fluids and toxins, loosen adhesions and lifts connective tissue, and brings flood flow to stagnant skin and muscles.
Hot Stone Massage
Total indulgence! You have to experience this unique massage treatment to believe it. Heated stones are incorporated into a therapeutic massage session. The heat from the stones helps to warm and loosen tight muscles, leaving you feeling incredibly relaxed. (Add hot stones to any session for an additional $5.00)
Growing old isn’t for sissies… so my elderly clients tell me. Geriatric massage focuses on the special needs and concerns of the elderly and is particularly valuable for the aches and pains associated with growing older. Sessions vary in length and discounts apply. Please ask for details!
Mothers to be need massage more than anyone. Schedule your appointment today and get relief from stress, muscles cramps, spasms, and myofascial pain. A comforting mother massage can help reduce the physical and emotional strains that happen before the baby arrives. *Note- After first trimester, please. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to talk to your doctor first.
More than just a foot massage, reflexology is a time honored science that works by applying pressure to specific points and zones on your feet, hands, and ears. Reflexology is based on the principle that there are reflex zones of energy that run throughout the body and correspond to all of the glands, organs and other systems of the body. Stimulating these points with finger or thumb pressure balances the body’s energy.
Reiki is a Japanese word meaning “Universal Life Force”. It is a gentle yet profound method of healing and stress reduction that focuses on the energy that flows within everyone. When this energy is disrupted or unbalanced, physical and emotional illness can occur. A Reiki session involves gentle “laying of hands” on or above your body with the intention of creating a feeling of peace, calmness, and sense of well being. No oils or lotions are used in this gentle, comforting practice.
Benefits of Massage:
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. And perhaps nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
– Decreased anxiety
– Enhanced sleep quality
– Greater energy Improved concentration
– Increased circulation
– Reduced fatigue
Massage can also help specifically address a number of health issues. Bodywork can:
– Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
– Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
– Ease medication dependence. Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
– Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
– Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts. Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ: the skin.
– Increase joint flexibility.
– Lessen depression and anxiety.
– Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
– Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
– Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
– Reduce spasms and cramping.
– Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
– Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
– Relieve migraine pain.